Dehumidification is a crucial word in regards to air conditioning AC Repair Palm Beach Gardens knows. The more humid a home is, the harder ones air conditioning system has to operate to cool the air. The harder it has to function, the more it will cost to stay cool at home. Basic idea.
Nanocap Technologies has been concentrating on a means to get the dehumidification process to work more efficiently, particularly since the current technique by which this is accomplished is based on technology from 1902. Thankfully, they thought it was time for a change…and thankfully they have produced a significantly better way!
Not to be far too complicated here, the approach they have produced to dry air makes use of capillary condensation and then osmosis by means of a semi-permeable membrane. The way this raises energy efficiency and time is mainly because the “old way” of accomplishing this dehumidification method was comprised of cooling air to the dew point so the water vaper would condense and drip off of refrigerated coils. The air after that would require to be heated to the temperature setting degree of the cooling system.
This translate to the subsequent energy savings as mentioned on the Nanocap Technologies website:
- Home air conditioning uses almost 5% of all electricity in the United States. This amount of energy costs over $15 billion per year in the U.S. alone.
- Our process is energy efficient – there is little energy expenditure.
- There is no need to cool air below the dew point and then reheat it to comfortable temperatures.
- Air is pre-dried, which saves the energy used by current standard air conditioning.
- Air conditioning would be used much less in cool, high humidity weather – further increasing savings.
- Air conditioners will run less often and, while running, will save 20-35% of typical energy expenditure.
- Energy savings of this magnitude amount to over $3 billion to $5.25 billion per year.
The company has made the following video to show the process also: